Monday, November 8, 2010

Back to Blogging!!!

Today I have decided to get back into this whole blogging thing. I don't know how long it will last but I was just looking back at my previous posts and decided that even if no one else is reading this, I want to be able to look back and remember what I was doing at specific points in time. Since I NEVER write in a journal, so maybe I can find more success in blogging! I'm in the middle of a long day of school right now and I have a ten minute break before my next class.

A quick update on recent events, I just ran my first half marathon a week ago and ran it in 1:57 which I figured out to be about 9 minute miles, which may not seen that impressive to many, but that was really good for me! It may have been due to the fact that the first 4.5 miles were way steep downhill which reflected well on my time, however not so well on my feet. After about mile 3 I felt a huge blister right between the ball of my foot and my big toe, meaning I had to run with that for about 10 miles. Also, I felt like my toe nails were going to fall off. When I finished I was afraid to take off my shoes, I took off the right shoe (the foot with the one big blister) and the sock was all red with blood and then I noticed it can through my shoe. My blister had popped while running and apparently had blood in it. Then I took off my other shoe and sock and under my second and fourth toe nails were deep purple blood blisters. I have never seen something so gross! I know your wishing you could see the photos of what I am attempting to describe, but I wouldn't allow photos of my feet to be taken so just use your imagination. I could hardly walk for the next 3 or 4 days and slept more than I have in probably years. Aside from that it was very fun, Blair even came to support me! Even though running is definitely not one of my favorite things to do, I am excited to do more races very soon!















No comments:

Post a Comment