Friday, January 9, 2009

SNOW :(

This morning we woke up to snow!! I was not excited, since most of my clothes are not here I was not equipped for this weather. Luckily my roommate packed ample amounts of just about everything so I have been able to borrow anything I need. She even brought two cord converters which has really been handy! We were supposed to meet at the train station this morning at 10:00 to go to Madrid with the class, and we left the house at about 9:30 to get to the bus to take us to the train station. We waited for the bus for until 10 mins to 10 and the buses never came. Two other women that were there with us started talking about how, from what we could understand, the buses probably weren't operating today. It would take us about a half hour to walk to the train station and we knew that everyone would have left by then, so we went home. We explained it to Maria and she was able to find the cell number from a friend of hers to Brother Brown (our study abroad director). We told him what happened and he said for us to just stay home and he would contact us later. I was very frustrated that he didn't say he would stay behind and wait for us to get there and then we could have met with the group or something like that, so instead we went back up to our room and watched a movie because the internet wasn't working. I think it is effected by the snow, but thankfully that has started working again! Today, so far, has not been one of the better days.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bryanne...can't wait to check in and see how you Spain experience is going. I bet you will be so happy to see that teal suitcase. How close are you guys to Madrid? What's up with your teacher not waiting for you guys?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...I can't wait to see pictures...hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete